My mission has begun. I have started scouring the internet to find new and exciting ways to get Jax and Brinkley to stop helping Pudgie do everything... and a way for me to not give in so easily to him and make him work for the things he wants. It is going to be hard but that was one of the main suggestions today to get Pudgie to talk on his own rather than point and grunt..... either that or somehow get rid of his older siblings that do everything upon everything for him....... I don't forsee that happening.
We took Pudgie to an audiologist/speech therapy office today. It was solely for an evaluation. Immediately I didn't think we fit in. Something just seemed off with what I was thinking was "wrong" with Pudgie and and all the little ones that were in the office getting therapy.
After an hour long play session of Pudgie telling the evaluator "no" to everything, I was nearing tears of frustration, Tommy was ready to explode and Pudgie was tired of being told he could not play with the balls that the woman had given him. When all was said and done we were told Pudgie's comprehension is completely normal he is just having difficult expressing emotions verbally. Oh fricken heck, for $270.00 an hour I could have told you that................. Then.......
Pudgie turns the ball~ coaster~ air~ blowing~ thing~ of~ toy over and starts reading the letters in phonogram sounds. The woman looked up at Tommy and I and immediately asked us what he was doing. I had told her over and over, as did Tommy, that he reads the letters he sees as phonograms rather than saying words... I guess she was not listening the 40 times I tried to tell her this. (The more that I think about it, the more I don't believe it myself half the time) Sure as can be, that is what he started doing and this woman was speechless.
She is recommending speech therapy for him, to push him along a little. OF COURSE SHE IS!
We took Pudgie to an audiologist/speech therapy office today. It was solely for an evaluation. Immediately I didn't think we fit in. Something just seemed off with what I was thinking was "wrong" with Pudgie and and all the little ones that were in the office getting therapy.
After an hour long play session of Pudgie telling the evaluator "no" to everything, I was nearing tears of frustration, Tommy was ready to explode and Pudgie was tired of being told he could not play with the balls that the woman had given him. When all was said and done we were told Pudgie's comprehension is completely normal he is just having difficult expressing emotions verbally. Oh fricken heck, for $270.00 an hour I could have told you that................. Then.......
Pudgie turns the ball~ coaster~ air~ blowing~ thing~ of~ toy over and starts reading the letters in phonogram sounds. The woman looked up at Tommy and I and immediately asked us what he was doing. I had told her over and over, as did Tommy, that he reads the letters he sees as phonograms rather than saying words... I guess she was not listening the 40 times I tried to tell her this. (The more that I think about it, the more I don't believe it myself half the time) Sure as can be, that is what he started doing and this woman was speechless.
She is recommending speech therapy for him, to push him along a little. OF COURSE SHE IS!
It will take an unknown number of sessions to help him along. OF COURSE IT WILL!
It is $270.00 an hour. Insurance may not pay for it but they take credit cards.... OF COURSE THEY DO!
We ended the session on one note that made me feel better...
We ended the session on one note that made me feel better...
Einstein was 3 years old before he uttered a word.
2 Lightbulb moments:
Raising Einstein is quite a responsibility! Glad to hear that he doesn't have hearing and comprehension problems. Comforting, isn't it?! Don't worry. I've told you that Nevan was really slow to speak, but when he did... WATCH OUT WORLD!
THANK YOU TRISH. I KNOW I AM PROBABLY BLOWING THIS WAY OUT OF PROPORTION..AS ALL MOM'S DO BUT IT'S THE BABY YOU KNOW. I KNOW HE WILL GET THERE!
Post a Comment