BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

KISS THE COOK!


Mother's Day was awesome for me! My little crumb-snatchers made me wonderful little gifts at school that I absolutley adore. Jax made me a purse with a poem and his picture while Brinkley made me a booklet of promises of chores and stuff. They were so sweet.

Tommy apologized all day long for not going out and actually purchasing me a gift and card. I was so not concerned about it at all. He helped clean the house so my entire family and my family from Omaha could come out and we could all enjoy the day together. That was gift enough for me.

I sent him to Lowes for an emergency grill brush at some point before all of our company arrived and he came back with a huge smile on his face. He had an idea. The funny thing about me is, I am pretty easy to please and incredibly hard to impress. It stems from the life I have lived I guess. I drove Lamborghini's, I traveled to far away places, I stayed in the best of hotel suites when I gambled in Vegas, I had the jewels that compared to some celebrities and I wasn't happy... I am, in plain and simple terms, happy with the way things are now. Some days are more extravagant than others and some days are, just, plain and simple... and it is perfect. It is all about the man I am with and the 3 little noise-makers we created together!!! PERFECTION!!

At any rate, the sweet love that he is won't spend anything more than $50.00 without asking me, so there was no way he could surprise me. Instead, he asked if I wanted to go and look at a new barbecue that he saw. I asked him why he didn't just buy it if he liked it and he said, "it is for you and I want you to love it!" Since I am the bbq'r in the family, I can not argue with that logic.

So Monday, right after the gym, we headed to Lowes where I fell madly in love. Our grill we have now is a, "get us through a few summers $89.00 Wal Mart special. She works ok, is nothing special to look at, but is probably teetering on the dangerous side since she has been blown over in the wind so many times, kinda grill!" This little lady Tommy picked out is so pretty. Shiny and big with black and gold granite. The optimal word is BIG. I can cook steaks for 20 people now!!!! Ok, more like chicken with this family but still...

Tommy wanted me to get the refrigerator to match but I didn't need that. I could have held out longer for a grill. I think our propane tank might have exploded if the wind blew the grill over again...

Here she is in all her yummy, ready to cook for many a mouths, GLORY.. Oh, the bags are my other presents...for Chicago on Friday!

I know Tommy, I am so flippen strange that I get excited over the simple things. They are all that matter. Thank you for the wonderful gifts!!!!!


(I must put in here.. I bought my travel bags myself and have completely convinced Brinkley that she bought them for me shopping one day when she was really over-tired. It is amazing what you can convince your children of!!! Tommy, thanks for never caring what I buy. Especially since I went out and bought your car without even mentioning it to you!)

2 Lightbulb moments:

nicole said...

Your grill is gorgeous! What a perfect gift for this time of year. I see many BBQ pool parties in your future.

Shanen said...

Ohhh that is purty. Yes, I can feel lots of bar-b-ques coming your way. What a nice gift, and fun purses too. Is it this Friday you leave? Dang, where has the time gone.

The wedding pictures look beautiful and everyone looks so happy. I hope you had a great weekend with everyone in town.