BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Lucky Girl......

I am a lucky girl.

I know this. I just tend to forget it some days, err, most days.

I have one thing that many a girls go gaga over. I guess I am so used to it that I don't even pay attention to it, anymore. It needs some serious TLC. It makes it hard to treat it nice when I can't go in there during the day. That, and for the past 4 months it has been the dumping ground for all things Christmas and stuff and more stuff. AGGGGHHHHHH!

You see, there were compromises when we bought our house. Pretty much like any other couple. We opted out of a room that would have gone above Tommy's one car garage. He wanted it badly. It was something like $18,000.00 and we couldn't swing it without giving up a lot that we just were not ready to give up. That left me the delicious 300 or so square feet of closet. Yep, closet, and it is bigger than most peoples' bedrooms. My mom even asked me if she could move into it.

I have started decorating it with my favorite pink paint. Tommy drew the line at pink paint in all of his shoe cubbies. I can understand that. I mean, a girl has gotta give a little. And, after all, I gave him 3 entire shoe cubbies, I think that is fair. Lucky for me, Tommy lets me do whatever I want, most of the time. He is pretty easy and so non-demanding about most things, except where too much pink paint is concerned. I personally think that there is no such thing as too much pink, but I do so love black paint too, so easy compromise!!!

So, my closet, she is a beauty. Until lately, I think I took her for granted. I mean, she really is an extension of our house and since she is so big, I figure I need to give her the TLC she is due! It has tons of nooks and cranny's and it is time for me to re-organize.. I wouldn't want Tommy to think that I don't know what a lucky girl I am!!

Plus, I figure, if I work on my closet, it will keep me from remodeling our kitchen, which is really on my mind, but so does not need to be done. After reading a friends blog about her kitchen redo I joked with Tommy that we could redo all our cabinets (there is a horror story behind this little joke with our first house.....) and it would be really inexpensive. It ain't happening any time soon though. So, on to finishing up the mess that is Jaxi's disaster and then to make my closet worthy of a spread in some fancy schmancy magazine.

I guess I am going to have download the awful before pictures of this ginormica of a mess. EEK! If it were not for the challenge I am doing, I wouldn't dare post my before photos. I am not embarrassed to have a cluttered area, I am sick about it. But, since this is my most major goal for the house, along with redecorating Jaxi's room.... well.... here they are......... in all their messy glory. It is what it is and it is going to get all prettied up!!!


De Anna


0 Lightbulb moments: