
It is rare that we take a serious day of rest around here. We are just like most families...going, going, going...so...
Today we took advantage of the free boat we have all summer. We were both worried about taking it out on our own so we enlisted the help of my sister and her husband. A day at Lake Pleasant is just what our family needed.
We supplied the boat and they brought on the ski's and away we went for a day over-filled with fun, family, sun, and so much laughter!
Pudgie and Brinkley were slightly afraid on the boat at first. I would qualify Brinkley as terrified and Pudgie more or less in shock, but after a few minutes... we were fine and all about smiles!
We found a spot, dropped anchor, swam, ran the jet ski's all over and just had a great time.
Pudgie finally rode with us after Tommy threw him into the lake to make the moaning cease. Uncle Scott was gracious enough to not ride at mach 3 as to not make this little guy afraid for life. I, on the other hand, was not so nice. I'm the mom, I can do this. I put Pudgie in front of me, my niece Kayleigh on the back and took my sister's ski up to 55. Not a great idea with my little clutch master of a boy in front of me. He would lean so far to the right, grab my wrist and arm, and hang on so tight, I could hardly steer or accelerate. I finally found the perfect speed for the little guy. Pudgie can't go over 25 without getting stressed. His rides were calm and he finally enjoyed them.
Tommy got to take out Brinkley and Jax. They also took out my niece Hannah while he and Jax rode. Tommy has done a lot of time on ski's so it is no suprise to me that he launched Hannah, 20 feet off the ski, during a turn.
Hannah decided she wanted to take me for a ride. My little 7 year old niece is a complete speed demon. She rides BMX and loves danger and speed. I have no idea where she gets that from. She ran us up and back, round and round that lake like she owned the place. I don't think she ever had our speed under 55 unless we were doing doughnuts.
The day ended with a little ride on the MCSO police water craft. GO FIGURE! Two wonderful deputy's were awesome enough to escort Tommy to find me, when Hannah and I were running low on fuel, then they took Jax, Hannah and I back to the boat where everyone nearly had heart failure when he hit the lights with us onboard. Pudgie loved it!
All's well that ends well. What an amazing day we had. A well deserved amazing day with our family!
1 Lightbulb moments:
I'm glad you had a fun day. You all totally deserved it!
Post a Comment