I have a serious love hate relationship going on with my gym right now. SERIOUS. Most people think Tom and I are obsessed with our gym and our workouts. Most people think we are hurting our bodies with the things we have fallen head over heels in love with. Most people are too afraid or just lack the knowledge about this type of workout to come play with us. MOST PEOPLE ARE JUST WRONG. (MOM)
Anyway, that was not what is on my mind today. Today was my day off of the gym. So first thing last night, as I read our nightly workout update..I make the executive decision that I am going jump roping today. Not your typical jump rope. Double Unders. I am not good at them. I am not bad at them. I am working at them and that is all I could do. (I was somewhat happy with my 124 in 10 minutes but one guy did 467. He has been crossfitting for 2 years though. Big difference with my 6 weeks!!) ANYWAYS.....
Before the double unders...I finally break down and tell Jason to measure me. Yep, pinch, prod, grope, weigh...YUCK YUCK YUCK. I am so excited my clothes fit looser...in fact the shorts I wore into the gym today were too tight on me 3 weeks ago and today they were sagging! YEAH ME. UNTIL.....
I hate calipers and having a tape measure around my waist and thighs and chest. Well, maybe not my chest. I immediately got frustrated and mad and seriously pissed at the same time. I looked straight to the negative. That is so unlike me, unless it is my body image I am discussing. I skipped right over the lean muscle mass and said, "Well it's official...I am a walking beached whale."
I am seeing my results some days. I got a compliment on my arms yesterday. I am still not happy like I should be. Last night I put on last years cheapy swimming suit and it was sagging where I now have little abs playing peek a boo through my belly button.
Still, I was a little distraught to say the least. Well, a little might be slightly askew..... I was angry and I guess that is good because I did two workouts this morning instead of one.
I don't know if Jason saw the disappointment in my eyes or what but immediately said, "Today is really day one. Everything before today doesn't count. We move forward and don't look back." For me, that was just re-verbalizing my goals. I needed that. I have ever-changing goals so in reality, they are completely unattainable, but realistic.
I have decided to really work harder at the lean muscle mass my body has. It has a lot, but I looked straight to the body fat percentage and I didn't like it at all.
So, this picture has been up before. I have not had a reese's peanut butter cup in 5 1/2 months now and the jeans almost fit....
ALMOST DOESN'T COUNT!!!
2 Lightbulb moments:
DeAnna~
You are seriously crazy if your body self image is negative at all!!!! You're beautiful, and one sexy mama to boot!
I'll join you at the gym someday... next year. :) I'll even let you laugh at me. :P
YOU ARE DOING AWESOME BUDDY!!!
Post a Comment