If you are like me, which most are not (be thanful, be very thankful as Tommy would say)....my housekeeping skills, or lack-there-of, this entire.... hot summer, have been on hold. Seriously and Completely on hold. Don't get me wrong. My house is not a dump...maybe a dumping ground some days, but it is still clean enough for the kids to safely play without catching a serious virus, clean enough to have certain company over and clean enough to just get by before I started gagging....even still, it was due for the window sills to be cleaned and the floors to be completely scrubbed, finishing touches of wall words and pictures put on the walls that have been waiting to be hung for oh, say, two years...... etc. A serious scrubbing and cleaning up after a summer of kids running rampant and me being sick and tired of this friggen heat.
Now, with that being said... a three year old and clean house truly never go hand in hand. (Well, except for one of my friends and you can't even tell she has a child. And I would eat off her floors anyday, but that makes me sad and is a totally different post !!)
The last few days have been so different around our house. I asked Pudgie to find things for me, and he actually did. I asked him to help me clean the floor, and he did. I showed him how to clean the banister on the stairs, and then he cleaned them all. He dusted, he picked up toys, he fed the dog for me, he then fed himself anything he could reach that looked unhealthy in the pantry... he was pretty much...my underage, underpaid hard laborer for the week. And really, what are little ones for anyways, right ???
So, in hindsight, underage laborer, that has no choice if he wants to eat, was a really good idea, seeing as that there are going to be upwards of 60+ people here tonight. Most of them have never seen our house and have been told some pretty tall tales of it. (Sometimes I think I live in the twilight zone when I hear what kind of house I live in from other people!) I always tell people we live in a shack that we are bursting out of it at the seams..... and I hate having any color on the walls and my kids sleep in the toy closet, under the stairs. I know...I'M A LIAR!
So, I love when I get on top of this house. Cleaning things out and getting rid of stuff we just don't need anymore. So nice. Somehow it just makes me breathe better. A little less clutter and lot less yelling makes for a great weekend to come!!!
P.S.
Don't forget, we are having a huge garage sale next Thursday and Friday. You name it...we most likely have it and are gonna sell it. Baby crib, baby glider and ottoman, eliptical trainer, treadmill, leather pottery barn chairs, rugs, dishes, toys, leather benches...stuff, stuff, stuff, and more stuff. (No, I am not selling any of Pudgie's ride on toys ... ahem ... Daddy!)
Friday, September 12, 2008
~Finally...I love it on top~
Posted by DEANNA on Friday, September 12, 2008
Quick organizing HOUSE DIET
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 Lightbulb moments:
sigh. i need leather chairs. and carpets...and ottoman, benches...can you zip em and email em to me?
SO excited for the garage sale!!! I've got my eye on that elliptical machine so I can't keep saying "I don't feel like driving to the gym for cardio". Is it in good shape? Cause I am NOT, so if it is we could make a beautiful pair.
Yes, Alison, the elliptical is in perfect shape. It is a Diamondback 1100 series and is black in color. You know, very slimming!!!!
Post a Comment