BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

GIVING THANKS

I am a lucky woman. I know this. I have a life that many envy, few can imagine, and I only can live. I am so thankful for that everyday.

Before dinner, someone always has to say prayers. Justice always says prayers at pre-school so his are slightly different then ours. I don't know how I started it, but our dinner prayer is always the Lord's Prayer. That is also our bedtime prayer as well. Jax had it memorized by two and half and Binky soon followed suit. None of this is here nor there... I just make sure that after the prayer they say they are thankful for "__________" today.

This week I have been seriously emotional about our life. Saturday was exceptionally hard on me and I literally had to stop my life for over 24 hours and just "be still." Not easily done for a girl like me.

So during this week I watched and listened and thought long and hard about things I am so beyond words, thankful for. The list is too long to post in its entirety but here is a smidgen of them:

*The littlest of hands that stroke my cheek at 3:30 in the morning and the voice that whispers, "Momma, you so sweet, I sleep with you and you snuggle me now?"
*Friday's, alone, with Tommy
*A little power pack of a spunk of a daughter that will never ever let anyone get the best of her
*The power of forgiveness
*Tommy's ever so passionate kisses... in the morning, afternoon, at lunch or dinner
*Doctors who listen and then listen some more
*Jax's kindness
*Tommy's patience when I go on my decorating whims
*LIFE as I know it
*The blue eyes in my family
*A body I can still convince to push harder and faster
*Jax, a child with an old soul that is wise..way beyond his years
*Friends I can call at any hour
*Brinkley, my girl who has a heart of gold and the spiteful tongue of a sailor
*A mom that drives me nuts and makes me laugh until I nearly wet my pants
*Pudgie, my baby who melts my heart everyday and night
*Tommy, the one who makes me whole
*The home we have created and the love it possesses
*Hard Work
*Hard Play
*Tough time that strengthen us from within
*Belly laughs
*Crocodile tears that heal the heart
*Band aids that heal the rest, or just look cool
*Looks that say it all
*Shoes that feel as good as they look
*Family that is really there for you, even if they are not blood
*Days with minimal pain
*The sun on my cheeks
*Pink Christmas lights
*Butterflies in my stomach when I see Tommy after a 16 hour long work night
*Healthy family members
*Honesty
*Friends that offer to take my munchies so Mommy can have a break
*My sister
*My nieces
*My parents and their quirky priorities (You can't choose your family)
*All things Jensen!

We have had an amazing year, so far, and our family has so many things to be grateful for. The list is truely endless so I will leave it at that.

Wishing everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving and safe weekend of

S-H-O-P-P-I-N-G!

1 Lightbulb moments:

Nichols Family said...

Ha! That picture is so funny.

Regarding your last comment on my blog...Karen is my identical twin sister! :) He was the first grandkid in the family so my sisters were over all the time playing with him. He was just giving me a hard time. Ha.