BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Grammies and Grampies

ANOTHER NEW Wii GAME!!!!
YUMMY TREATS FOR BRINKLEY!
GRAMPIE JENSEN AND THE KIDS!
*
I never had Grandma's growing up. I did have the coolest Grandpa. I was so lucky because he was awesome. We called him Hubba. I remember taking him to the Golden Nugget Restaurant in Wickenburg for lunch one day. It must have been at least 15 years ago. I watched him admire an older waitress. Probably his age or so. I don't even remember how old he was at the time. It never dawned on me that my Grandpa was old. He stared at her. He really stared at her. Admired her and all her features. He finally looked at me and said, "she is beautiful." I don't know why that is so important for me to remember. I think maybe because any other time I may not have even noticed this woman. He did. That was cool back then. My Hubba was checking out chicks!! Hubba is a huge part of all my memories growing up because he did so much with me. The thing I loved most is that Hubba vacationed with us and Hubba was Hubba. There are no stories about him that don't end in laughter... but at the time I think my mom was.. I will just say... irked and some of his antics. He didn't think twice about painting my parents' palm trees orange one visit to AZ. After all, they paint the citrus trees white???? Who could argue with that logic. My main point is that I love memories with him. This is why I am so thankful that Grammie and Grampie Jensen are making cool memories with Jax and Brinkley. Last year they started taking each one of them out for their birthday's. They get the choice if the other gets to go or not (they always have chosen yes so far). Every birthday now they wait to find out when they are going on their special birthday date. Sometimes they get to choose and sometimes it is a suprise. No matter where they go I know that they love it and they love spending time with Grammie and Grampie. I am just so grateful that they are making memories with the kids that they can look back on one day.... like I do and think...wow My grandparents are cool!
I know they are both thankful for the trip to Santa's theme park today!

JAXI'S GRAVITRON RIDE!

1 Lightbulb moments:

Lylah Ledner said...

i'm loving catching up with you and seeing how BIG your kiddos have gotten and what fun you'r having....my goodness, how time has flown! love u