BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Now I am late..

Something has changed today. You see, Jax..well, he was my happy baby. He would wake up and play and play, for hours...and I mean hours, in his crib. Babbling away and playing. I loved it. Who wouldn't? Brinkley was happy too. She was not as good a sleeper, but she would play in her crib when she woke up. I thought this was normal!! Then along came my Pudgie boy. He has always been the one that is not so good in the crib. He never slept through the night until he was well over a year old. Once he did start napping regularly, there was one thing that was always the same.. he woke up mad and wanted out of the crib NOW. Luckily he has never tried to climb out but he yells loud and long for us to come and get him. After all, at two, you are missing something really important that is happening somewhere... right?
Today something changed and I can't drag myself to leave the house because of it...I need to get to school where I am supposed to be helping in Jax's class right now. Daddy and Pudgie are napping. The house is quiet and I need to leave and all of the sudden I hear, "da da?" a little giggle.. "ma ma?" "oh dude!" "hehehe" and more giggles. I wait to see if the yelling is going to start and then the crying. He will realize that there are things to do right now and the tantrum will start........ nothing.....nothing.
It is totally quiet for a few minutes. Again,
"da da?"
"mmmmmm B!" (Pudgie's word for yummy! and now that I think about it.. I should worry if he is eating something......)
"ma ma?"
"hahahahah yeah hahahaha hmmmmmmm!"
Who is in that crib? There is a happy little boy who doesn't actually hate the crib. He is playing and laughing and poor Daddy is oblivious to this happy little guy. This is the absolute first time this has ever happened and now I am late.
I walked into his room his little eyes lit up and he smiled. So, we talked..because now that I am late I better make it worthwhile right?
"Ma ma?"
"Hi Buddie! You are so happy!"
"hmmmm, ma ma? acccck!" (Pudgie took his sock off and threw it on the ground)

A huge Pudgie smile. I love it... and I am really late. I am sure Jax will understand. He always does. Up go the little arms and here comes the sweet little hug with his head on my shoulders. Off to wake up daddy because NOW I really need to leave and I don't want to. All of the sudden we have this happy little man that won't stop giggling and talking!

0 Lightbulb moments: