BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

24/7 ~ 365

Mmmmm I love Romance. I love stories of romance. All kinds of passionately~filled, butterfly tingles of kisses, tears welling up from angst, fingers intertwining, heart pounding, skin~brushing, cheeks~flushing, hot~flashing, pure, sweet, breathless, ohhh such body entangling.............

ROMANCE.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!

I hate Valentine's Day. (Gasp!) I hated walking into Wal-mart today and looking at all the junk.

I have notebooks of handwritten, quotes, letters, songs, ideas, cut outs of ads, torn pages of magazines, and cards dating back 20+ years about love, romance, life and passion. I believe that falling in love is the greatest thing you can do for yourself. I do it everyday. I believe that the little things you do to show someone you love them are what make for the ROMANCE in life. I think that Romance is all about watching, yearning, longing, having, needing, kissing, holding~hands, and living...every single day....NOT ONE DAY OUT OF THE YEAR......................
This is how I was raised. My mom and Dad used to say, "You need to show someone you love them and care about them EVERYDAY.....little things are what matters. Not a dozen roses you pay 10X's too much for on February 14th."

I have never let Tommy get me anything on Valentine's Day. In fact, we would sit and laugh when our squads at the police department were out scrambling for gifts for their wives.......... the stories we could tell...... Most of the men and women he works with think that he is totally joking when someone asks him what he got me and he tells them I don't believe in it..... The truth is.....

I want Jax, Brinkley and Pudgie to understand that relationships are awesome. Falling in love is amazing and caring about someone is just spine-tingling wonderful.... but it takes more than candy and flowers on one day, to make it work and last. I never want Brinkley to expect some type of gift from a boy on Valentine's Day just to show her that he likes her.....and I would hope that Jax and Pudgie will learn by Daddy's example, that everyday is really Valentine's day when you care about someone!

So here is to our everyday Valentine's Day's in this house!

0 Lightbulb moments: